Tips On How to Move a Washing Machine By Yourself
Are you reluctant to spend money on hiring expensive furniture movers, and wonder how to move a heavy washing machine by yourself within Singapore? Don’t worry, as we provide you with quick tips on how to move a washing machine easily on your own with van hire services in Singapore.
What You Need to Transport a Washing
Machine On Your Own
To ensure that you can protect and move your house washing machine without trouble, you will need the following:
Prepare Your Washing Machine for
You should pay extra care in preparing to move a washing machine to ensure that your house washing machine will function normally after the move. Here are the preparation steps if you intend to move a washing machine on your own using van hire service in Singapore:
Clean the Washing Machine
- Ensure your washer is empty of clothes.
- Give the washer a quick clean (using the shortest normal cycle without detergent or clean cycle).
- Dry the washer for 24 hours with the doors open.
Drain the Washing Machine
Before draining the washing machine, refer to your washing machine model’s instruction manual for directions to dismantle it.
After which you should:
- Unplug the washer’s power cord.
- Lay a towel down to prevent water from spilling.
- Shut off the washer’s water supply (turn the water supply valve clockwise).
- Disconnect the water supply hoses from the top (using slip-joint pliers).
- Empty both the water supply & drain hoses with a bucket.
- Place the hoses into a plastic bag and seal with packing tape.
Pack Your Washing Machine
The day to move has finally arrived! Insert transit bolts in the rear side of the washer drum to secure and move a washing machine safely. Avoid getting hit by dangling objects during the transportation by wrapping the power cord with plastic and tape it to the back of the washing machine.
For double protection during the transportation, wrap the washing machine with soft and thick furniture blankets and secure the blankets using packing tape or a rope. Ensure that there are no exposed areas to avoid any damages.
How to Move A Washing Machine by
It is impossible to move a washing machine on your own without extra manpower. You will need at least two helpers to move a washing machine easily and lower the risk of personal injuries and damaging the expensive washer.
To transport the washing machine outside the house, you should:
1. Unhinge the front door to create a larger exit.
2. Place a slider or furniture pad under each of the washing machine’s legs, to pull out the washing machine without damaging the floor surface.
3. Load the washing machine carefully by lifting the washing machine to the dolly in an upright position.
4. Secure the washing machine to the dolly with ropes and slowly transport the washer outside your house.
5. Use a ramp to load the washing machine to the hired van and secure the washing machine using ropes.
After the Move
Don’t relax just yet! After reaching your new home, ensure that your washing machine is functioning correctly by removing the transit bolts before using. Next, using the washing machine’s adjustable legs, level the washing machine back to its original state before moving. Lastly, tightened the water hoses and pipes to avoid water leakages in your new home.
Move A Washing Machine Easily
Using Van Hire Services in Singapore
Can you move a washing machine by yourself with ease? On the bright side, the moving process is relatively straightforward. However, the execution part may be dangerous and strenuous without acquiring help from van hire services in Singapore. You can move a washing machine easily using any van hire, van rental or lorry rental services in Singapore.
It is important to get the right delivery service in Singapore as it will ensure that your heavy washing machine is secured properly during the transportation to prevent damage. The driver can also provide assistance in loading the items into the vehicle safely.
If you do not wish to risk any injury to yourself or damage to your house washing machine, you can always hire a van with a driver for on-demand delivery service with GetVan Goods to deliver the washing machine to your home in a cost-effective manner.
At GetVan, we also provide on-demand van rental services and same-day delivery at affordable rates designed to help you with your moving needs.
Are you thinking of booking a GetVan service, but aren’t sure about how to do it? Check out this guide on how to book our services !
Wondering which GetVan vehicle to select? Click here for our guide !
To understand GetVan’s charges, check out this article !