5 Simple Steps To Pack and Transport Your Desktop Computer
Are you feeling distressed about how to pack your desktop computer by yourself within Singapore without hiring expensive furniture movers?
Not to worry, as we show you 5 simple steps to pack and transport your desktop computer on your own with van hire services in Singapore.
Step 1: Gather The Right Supplies To Protect Your Computer
You will need:
- Bubble Wrap or foam wraps
- Furniture blankets
- Old/unwanted clothing
- Original cardboard box that your desktop computer or laptop came in (if any)
- Packing tape
- Coloured tapes/masking tape
- Cable ties or rubber bands
Step 2: Prepare Your Desktop Computer For The Move
Before you start packing, it is very important to backup all of your things to an external hard drive or to the cloud. Double-check to make sure that everything is backed up and make sure that you can access them easily.
1. Switch off the desktop computer and disconnect the power cable.
2. Take a photo of how all the other cables are connected to the desktop computer and disconnect all of them one by one.
This will help you to set up your desktop computer in your new home a lot faster.
3. Label all the cables with coloured tapes. For better results, fold all the cables and tie them with cable ties or rubber bands.
4. Arrange the cables nicely into a cardboard box.
Step 3: Packing Your Computer Tower
A very important thing to note is that you DO NOT remove any of the components inside the computer tower.
1. Wrap the entire computer tower with one large sheet of bubble wrap, or stick smaller bubble sheets together to form a big one.
These bubble wraps help to absorb any shocks and/or vibrations during the move.
2. Then, wrap the computer tower with a furniture blanket and fix it in place with packing tape.
3. Get a cardboard box big enough to fit your computer tower and place a layer of cushion at the bottom.
You can use bubble wraps, towels, old clothing or crumpled packing paper as the cushion.
4. Place the protected computer tower into the cardboard box and fill any remaining space with old/unwanted clothing.
5. Seal the box with packing tape and label it with a marker as “Computer Tower- Fragile”.
Step 4: Packing Your Computer Monitor
1. Remove the monitor stand (if possible), wrap it with bubble wraps and pack it into a cardboard box separately.
2. With a ruler and marker, measure the dimensions of the monitor screen and cut out a piece of cardboard according to those dimensions.
3. Place the cut-out cardboard onto the monitor screen and tape it down. Then, wrap the entire computer monitor with foam wraps.
4. Protect the computer monitor with another layer of bubble wrap or furniture blanket and secure them in place with tapes.
5. Get a cardboard box around the size of your computer monitor and place bubble/foam wraps in it to create a cushion.
6. Carefully lift the computer monitor and place it into the cushioned cardboard box. It would be even better if you have the original computer monitor box.
7. Again, fill up any remaining space with old/unwanted clothing. Then, close the box with packing tape and label it with a marker as “Computer- Monitor Fragile”.
Step 5: Setting Up Your Desktop Computer In Your New Home
1. Carefully take out your desktop computer from the cardboard box and connect it to the power cable.
2. Then, connect all of the cables one by one to your desktop computer by referring to the photo that you have taken previously.
3. Switch on your desktop computer and check to ensure that nothing is lost. If you find anything missing, don’t worry. Simply retrieve the missing items from your external hard drive or cloud.
I Do Not Have A Desktop Computer. Mine Is A Laptop.
Ideally, laptops should be handheld, either in a protective laptop sleeve or laptop bag. However, if you find yourself unable to do that, don’t worry! Just follow the instructions below:
1. If you still have your laptop’s original box and packaging, simply repackage it and tape up the box with packing tape.
2. If not, get a cardboard box around the size of your laptop and place bubble/foam wraps in it to create a cushion.
3. Then, place your laptop into a laptop sleeve and wrap it up with bubble wraps. Tape down the loose ends to secure it.
4. Place the protected laptop into the cardboard box on its edge. Do not let your laptop lie flat as laptops are stronger on their edge.
5. Again, fill any remaining space with old/unwanted clothing.
6. Seal the cardboard box, and label it with a marker as “Laptop- Fragile”.
Able to move a desktop computer by yourself? The moving process is actually relatively straightforward. More so with help from van hire services in Singapore. You can move a desktop computer easily using van rental or lorry rental services in Singapore.
It is important to get the right delivery service in Singapore as it will ensure that your belongings are secured properly during the move to prevent damage. The driver can also provide assistance in loading the items into the vehicle safely.
If you do not wish to risk any injury to yourself or damage to your desktop computer, you can always hire a van with a driver for on-demand delivery service with GetVan Goods to deliver the desktop computer to your home in a cost-effective manner.
At GetVan, we also provide on-demand van rental services and same-day delivery at affordable rates designed to help you with your moving needs.
Are you thinking of booking a GetVan service, but aren’t sure about how to do it? Check out this guide on how to book our services !
Wondering which GetVan vehicle to select? Click here for our guide !
To understand GetVan’s charges, check out this article !